The Christ Apostolic Church (Bethel ) UK was founded in London in 1974 by Apostle Ayo Omideyi. At its inception, it was the first Christ Apostolic Church in Western World. By the grace of God, the church has grown from a bedsit fellowship to the church that it is now.
The headquarters is situated in east London and occupies the “Church of St Columbas” building - a Grade ‘A’ listed building designed by the famous architect, James Brook, in 1868-69.
The church’s growth and works are not limited to the United Kingdom but have spread right across many countries abroad through evangelical outreach and revival meetings carried out by its primary evangelical arm, The Sower International Evangelical Ministry (SIEM).
SIEM has organised revival meetings within the UK and abroad over the years. International meetings in the past have been held in India, Philippines, USA, Ghana, West Indies, Romania, Kenya, Tanzania and Nigeria. It seeks to spread the gospel, particularly to the less privileged parts of the world.
- Divine inspiration and Holy Spirit Scriptures (Rev. 1:19 & 22:18-19 and Matt 5:17)
- The unity of the Godhead and the Trinity of the persons therein.
- The utter depravity of human nature; the necessity for repentance and regeneration and the final doom of the finally impenitent.
- The virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and abiding intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ. His second coming and millennial reign on earth.
- Justification and sanctification of the believer through the redemptive work of Christ.
- The sacraments of baptism by immersion and of the Lords supper.
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost for believers, with signs following.
- The nine gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit for spiritual and physical benefits of the Church, which is the body of Christ.
- The possibility of falling from Grace, hence the need to watch and pray as precaution and exercise of the great spiritual sensitivity in monitoring one’s own standing.
- Church government by Apostle, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Elders and Deacons.
- The obligatory nature of the tithes and offerings (Malachi 36:12)
- Divine healing through obedience to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ and faith in His name and Merit of His blood for all sicknesses, diseases and infirmities. (Full manifestation of Divine healing and miracles)
- Faith in God, the “Jehovah” to supply all your needs.